Owen turned 1 on Friday April 3rd. I have been reflecting on the last year and it just all seems a blur, it has gone by so fast and I can't believe that my baby is one! Owen is such a blessing, he is so sweet, and funny and goofy and loving and is getting so smart. He is so inquisitive and all round FUN! I love him so much, I can't remember life without him and don't even want to.
Cagan and I took Owen to McDonalds for what I thought was his first time and first ever happy meal, turns out Aunt Amy beat me to it and took him to McDonalds the day before his birthday! We then went to the park and ate there and played in the sun. I love this park! It's made out of old recycled plastic and is designed like a castle and a fort, it has a big kid section and a little kid section. I think that we're going to spend A LOT of time at that park this summer.
Yesterday we had our very best friends and family over to celebrate Owen's birthday. We had balloons, and a pinata, balloons, streamers, balloons, Cagan's awesome burgers, balloons, the BEST Elmo cake EVER! (thanks to Kiki) .. and did I mention balloons? Owen recieved a lot of great presents and had a great time playing with his cousins and friends. Thanks to Nana and Papa for driving all the way from Lufkin to celebrate with Owen and thanks to everyone else for coming by and all the great pressies. And thanks to all the Aussie family for all your pressies.
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY O-MAN, you are beautiful and amazing, you are my best friend and the light and love of my world!
4 comments:
Awww! He has grown up SO much! I can't believe it's been a year already!!
Y'all throw a mean party! I can't believe it's already been over a year since I met pregnant Mary!
You did a GREAT job on the party! Did I ever tell you that those burgers were "off the chain" (as Kent would say...why that's what is in my head to write I HAVE NO idea!). He's SO big now and those BLUE eyes...they are going to be heartbreaking eyes! Thanks for having us and letting Boston come play and hog all the balls!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY OWEN!! That Elmo balloon is awesome. You guys are such a cute family. I'm glad you had fun.
Post a Comment