Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New York, New York

We were lucky enough for Nana and Papa to take us to New York with them for Thanksgiving to visit Casey and Rynn and the kids. They live up at West Point, it is right on the west point of the Hudson river (thus the name) and I tell you this is some of the most gorgeous real estate I have ever seen. They Live on post and it's such a beautiful and safe community. It has the feel of a ski village and the architecture from the 1800's. I wish I could better describe just how nice it is. The worst part is I didn't get any really good pictures, I guess I was so busy taking it all in.


We had thanksgiving lunch at a cabin high on the mountain overlooking a lake at West Point, it was pot luck lunch with friends of Casey and Rynn and the families of some soldiers who were deployed. Rynn made the Turkey and dressing, to say it was delicious is an understantemt. There were about 56 different desserst to chose from on the dessert table PLUS ice-cream and whipped cream! I consumed about 40,000 calories over the long weekend and probably don't need to eat for the rest of the month.

We spent an afternoon in New York City and had a blast, we were of course late for our train and had to run for it, we made it just in time to squeeze through the doors before they closed on us. We walked all around town and saw the amazing sites. The city has such a buzz to it, it's definitely alive ... and crowded. I heart NY!!!!!! We ate dinner at the ESPN center, I don't think anyone has ever seen that many TV's in the one place, the boys were in heaven! Thanks for dinner papa, the ribs were worth the 90 minute wait!

We also got to visit my family in Jersey where we consumed another 15,000 calories in 1 evening. It was wonderful to bring the Randall's and the Matulj's together and as Teta Rafica so nicely put it "We are all family".

Now we're back in Texas, wondering if it all really happened. It was such a wonderful Thanksgiving that went all to quick! Thanks Rynn for all your hard work in the kitchen the entire weekend and for putting up with us all and thanks for the hip hop abs! I think my abs got a better workout laughing after watching us on video than the actual work out! We love you!

They say a picture says a thousand words. Enough said. Thanks for the shirt Rynn, in case you havn't noticed ... I love it!



Even Owen got to indulge on Thanksgiving, turns out he loves stuffing and bread and all kinds of pies but isn't a fan of Jello!

The fam outside Radio City Music Hall (incase you can't tell)


This was outside the Rockefeller Center, I think that was Sacks and Company in the background with all the pretty lights. It was a shame the Rockefeller tree wasn't lit up yet, but the rest of the city was and it was gorgeous!!!!!


Owen's first snow! It snowed the last day we were there! I couldn't resist taking owen out in it!


The family in New Jersey!

Owen was so tired when we finally made it back home he fell asleep under the coffee table. It was the cutest thing!

6 comments:

jamie said...

It looks like ya'll had a blast! Roddick misses Zoey already :(

Karlee said...

I must say I was a little jealous when Kiers told me you headed to NY for Thanksgiving and now seeing the pictures doesn't help my jealousy AT ALL! I'm glad ya'll had fun, hopefully one day I'll get there too!

The Nielsons said...

Aww, you guys had such a fun time! You're pics are so good and I'm especially glad that you got to see the Matulji fam in NJ! I bet they were so excited to have you come!

Ok so now we need to plan a girls trip to NY...let's say in 10 years b/c that's when I'll be able to afford k? Hehe!

p.s. I blogged!!

Karin said...

Mary- I haven't seen you forever! You are gorgeous and it looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Owen is adorable under the coffee table. I bet he was exhausted!! :)

jamie said...

I SOOO want Blake to cuddle and nap with me...

sockiepuppetsmom said...

Hi Mary, I found you through Amanda's blog. It looks like you had a great time in NY, I haven't been to NYC during the winter but I bet it is beautiful! I can't wait for you guys to come down to Lufkin!! We will definitely have to hang out:)

My Blog List

RSS Subscribe

Powered By Blogger