There is something about this city. it's the harbour. it's the beaches. it's the lifestyle. it's where my heart is.
We left Dallas on Thursday October 8th, and were packed and ready to go early. We lounged with Cagan for the last few minutes we had as a family and headed to the airport. I forgot that everything with a baby takes at least twice as long so we missed our flight! I also forgot my flight information and my greendcard! It was so funny, the AA lady thought I had special needs and was probably wondering why Cagan was letting me travel alone with Owen. You would have thought this was my first flight ever!!! totally clueless.
We had a few hours to kill before our connecting flight so I wasn't too worried. We couldn't get on the next flight out as it was full, luckily we were able to get on the third flight to LAX and we were off. Once we got to LAX we had just enough time to check in and board our Qantas jet direct to Sydney. Owen did AMAZING on the long haul flight. He is a real dream to travel with and made friends with everyone on our plane!
We landed on Saturday morning and were greated by Baba and Dido! We spent the day with family and hit the sack pretty early feeling a little jet lagged. The next day we celebrated Pav's birthday with good friends and plenty of food!
The next few days we went to Bondi beach with Linda and had delicious Thai in a Box. Caught up with old friends over a delicous meal. Had the best day ever at the Sydney Taronga Zoo. The animals at the zoo have the best view in Sydney. This zoo is massive and has more animals than you can name. It was so fun letting Owen run around and look at all the animals. We must have walked 15 miles! I think Owen loved the giraffes the best. I loved the baby elephant. Thanks Pavalicious for the best day ever!
Owen has been playing a lot with his cousins. Marc and Adrian adore him and we've had plenty of sleep overs. Everything has been perfect. Family rocks. Sydney rocks. Today we are heading to the Gold Coast and I can't wait. (pics to come soon. forgot my cable).

3 comments:
I am sooooooooo glad Owen did well! Yeah Owen! I'm sort of convinced that one of these times you just won't come back to us.....I mean it IS Texas, not someplace beautiful! Blake and I miss ya'll tons though, have the best time ever!
Owen is the little world traveler!!! Crazy to think he's already been to Australia what...twice now? I'm sure its sooo nice to go visit your family there. I really don't know how you do it living so far away from them like that!! I don't know if I could do it!! Enjoy the rest of your visit!! I'm sure your family is LOVING Owen to pieces
Next time you go, please take me!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think you are mentally challenged....just pretty.
Post a Comment