They say "be careful what you wish for", and after wishing for a new car and 2 days later totaling my old car I vowed to be careful about my wishes ... but clearly not careful enough.
We've just come back from our trip to Australia, I was not ready to leave and wished to stay longer. The day before we were supposed to leave Owen started coughing, long story short it was bronchiolitis (and no it's not bronchitis spelt wrong) so he couldn't fly for 7-10 days until it cleared. So it was all bitter sweet, bitter that Owen was sick and Cagan had to leave anyway, but sweet because I got to spend an extra 10 days in Sydney.
Owen was born to travel, he did amazing on the grueling flight and even the 7 hour delay at LAX didn't faze him. He loved flying and loved his little bassinet, after the 23 hours of traveling I had random people on our flight stop me and tell me how good Owen was on the flight, even the flight attendants told me that he was the best behaved baby they had ever seen, I of course told them he was amazing like his mother, from the look of most people I don't think they believed me. I know it sounds like I am bragging about the little guy, and I guess I am, but I am just still amazed at his adaptability and his easy going nature.
The weather is Aus for the first few weeks sucked, I don't ever remember it being that cold in Sydney (EVER) but then, we came from a solid week of 100 degree weather so maybe it just seemed that way. Luckily the last 10 days we were there the weather changed and it was warm blue sunny skies, it was the Sydney I remember. We did all the tourist stuff, saw the Sydney Opera house and the Harbour Bridge, watched the aboriginal buskers play the didgeridoo, drove over my fav bridge in the whole world with the sunroof open (thanks Teta Pav) ... but the best part of the trip was seeing Baba and Dido and all Owen's Aunties (yes that includes Teta Pav). Cagan got to do a lot of fishing with Ken but came up empty handed every time (much to Dido's amusement). It was awesome to catch up with all my friends and family and it was even better Owen getting to meet them all. It was heartbreaking to leave and having to say bye, I am still so sad. Next time we go to Australia will be in the summer, I am definitely looking forward to swimming at Sydney's beaches and watching Owen play in the sand.
Owen, with his cousins Marc and Adrian under the Sydney Harbour Bridge
Teta Anita, Teta Krista + the boys

No comments:
Post a Comment